Savannah Maritime Association
A Maritime Partnership
The SMA Partnership:
The Savannah Maritime Association is a partnership of maritime-related companies dedicated to the safety and development of our port.
The Savannah Maritime Association works for the common benefit of all participants in Georgia’s Ports, Federal, State, City, Commercial and
Community organizations. SMA identifies and achieves common goals and objectives for the Maritime Community. SMA meetings are an
open forum to discuss and resolve Maritime Community issues. Members share their views and work towards the common good of the port.
The Savannah Maritime Association is headquartered in downtown Savannah, is planning to move the office and conducts regular monthly meetings for members. SMA coordinates Savannah Spill Response Corporation activities, monitors proposed rate increases by area service providers and acts as a clearing house for maritime information, data and employment.
Next SMA Meeting -
SMA’s next monthly meeting will be at 11 AM, Wednesday, May 18, 2016, at the C&BP Facility, 139 Southern Blvd, Savannah, GA.
Maritime After Hours - May 4, 2016, Top Deck Bar, Cotton Sail Hotel, Savannah.
The next Navy League meeting is on May17, 2016. Check the Savannah Website for details.
The Propeller Club will have a National Maritime Day Ceremony on May 19, 2016, at the S.S. Savannah Monument and then awards at the Hyatt.
Savannah Harbor Expansion Project
The Project has been approved by the Federal Government and work has started. The USACE Savannah District website is SHEP.
FY 2016 Port Security Grants
Issues and Information-
· Federal Maritime Commission Port Congestion Report 2015
· MSU Savannah Vessel Agent Handbook 2014
· US Coast Guard NVICs implementing the final STCW Rules.
· The Maritime Logistics Education TaskForce is at http://www.mlet.net/
US Coast Guard Ballast Water Discharge FAQs.
US Coast Guard Inflatable Personal Flotation Device Regulations.
US Coast Guard issues new criteria for undocumented vessel Standard Numbering System and Boating Accident Reports.
MSSB 43-11 Gangway Access Control on Foreign Vessels
USCG MSU Savannah Area 2011 Contingency Plan is available HERE.
C&BP Small Vessel Reporting System Notice, May 24, 2011.
DHS National Terrorism Advisory System Guide , April 20, 2011.
USCG Savannah Port and Waterway Safety Assessment (PAWSA Workshop) August 2010.
News and Links -
- US Coast Guard issues STCW Final Rule information.
- USCG MSA 03-13b Surge Protection
- USCG Safety Alert 07-11 Moving Machinery.
- MSIB 50-11 TWIC card Version 2.0
- MSIB 48-11 Passenger Weight and Stability Requirements
- COTP Savannah MSIB 01-11 Port Information and Awareness
NVIC 2-10 effective Feb 2011.
- USCG Notice of Arrival for Certain Dangerous Cargo final rule.
- MARAD’s America’s Marine Highway Program Final Rule.
- OSHA’s Revised Personal Protective Equipment standards.
- OSHA Rule limits vertical tandem lifts to two containers.
- Right Whale Alert APP for iPad/iPhone.
- NOAA Nautical Booklet Charts free downloads.
- NOAA Hurricane Response in District 7 2011
- NOAA Extreme Weather Information Sheet Georgia 2011
- Port of Savannah Under Keel Clearance criteria
- NOAA provides free viewing of electronic charts at their websites:
- NOAA Marine Protected Areas interactive mapping tool