Savannah Maritime Association
A Maritime Partnership
The SMA Partnership:
The Savannah Maritime Association is a partnership of maritime-related companies dedicated to the safety and development of our port.
The Savannah Maritime Association works for the common benefit of all participants in Georgia’s Ports, Federal, State, City, Commercial and
Community organizations. SMA identifies and achieves common goals and objectives for the Maritime Community. SMA meetings are an
open forum to discuss and resolve Maritime Community issues. Members share their views and work towards the common good of the port.
The Savannah Maritime Association is headquartered at 33 Bull Street, Suite 550, in downtown Savannah and conducts regular monthly
meeting for members. SMA coordinates Savannah Spill Response Corporation activities, monitors proposed rate increases by area
service providers and acts as a clearing house for maritime information, data and employment.
SMA’s Executive Director Charles E Sutlive works closely with members at all levels of the maritime, government and business
community to ensure the safety and development of our port.
Next SMA Meeting -
SMA’s next monthly meeting will be at 11 AM, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, at the C&BP Facility, 139 Southern Blvd, Savannah, GA.
Maritime After Hours - 5:15 PM, February 4, 2015, Churchill’s Pub.
The Navy League’s next meeting is on February 17, 2015. Check the Savannah Website for details.
The Propeller Club will have a meeting on Feb 12, 2015.
Feb 1-3, 2015, The Cloister, Sea Island, GA.
Georgia Logistics Summit
Visit www.GeorgiaLogistics.com for more information and to register for the meeting on March 31 and April 1, 2015, in Atlanta.
Savannah Harbor Expansion Project
The Project has been approved by the Federal Government and work has started.
Issues and Information-
· MSU Savannah Vessel Agent Handbook 2014
· COTP Savannah Area Hurricane Preparedness Guide 2014
· US Coast Guard NVICs implementing the final STCW Rules.
· NOAA Coast Survey Future of Navigation Listening Sessions
· The Maritime Logistics Education TaskForce is at http://www.mlet.net/
US Coast Guard Ballast Water Discharge FAQs.
US Coast Guard Inflatable Personal Flotation Device Regulations.
US Coast Guard issues new criteria for undocumented vessel Standard Numbering System and Boating Accident Reports.
MSSB 43-11 Gangway Access Control on Foreign Vessels
USCG MSU Savannah Area 2011 Contingency Plan is available HERE.
C&BP Small Vessel Reporting System Notice, May 24, 2011.
DHS National Terrorism Advisory System Guide , April 20, 2011.
COTP Savannah Seamen Facility Access Mar 2011.
USCG Savannah Port and Waterway Safety Assessment (PAWSA Workshop) August 2010.
News and Links -
- US Coast Guard issues STCW Final Rule information.
- New Website for USCG National Maritime Center
- USCG MSA 03-13b Surge Protection
- USCG Safety Alert 07-11 Moving Machinery.
- MSIB 50-11 TWIC card Version 2.0
- MSIB 48-11 Passenger Weight and Stability Requirements
- COTP Savannah MSIB 01-11 Port Information and Awareness
NVIC 2-10 effective Feb 2011.
- USCG Notice of Arrival for Certain Dangerous Cargo final rule.
- MARAD’s America’s Marine Highway Program Final Rule.
- OSHA’s Revised Personal Protective Equipment standards.
- OSHA Rule limits vertical tandem lifts to two containers.
- Right Whale Alert APP for iPad/iPhone.
- NOAA Nautical Booklet Charts free downloads.
- NOAA Hurricane Response in District 7 2011
- NOAA Extreme Weather Information Sheet Georgia 2011
- Port of Savannah Under Keel Clearance criteria
- NOAA provides free viewing of electronic charts at their websites:
- NOAA Marine Protected Areas interactive mapping tool